I realise I wrote about the sour sweets Lemonheads last week, well since then I have found some more sour sweets, and I think these may well be in a league of their own! They are also lemon in flavour, just about, but they make your face turn into the image on the front of the packaging!
I thought I would take you through the taste using a time scale so as to describe my thoughts throughout the experience.
- 0 to 1 seconds: Wow!!! Oh boy! Why would they make a ‘sweet’ that sharp. Can lemon burn? It is ridiculously sour, and causes me to have to fight an involuntary reaction to spit it out.
- 2 to 3 seconds: Oh my word that is sour, zingy, and tastes like a really nasty lemon flavoured acid.
- 4 to 5 seconds: Still a very sharp flavour, but notable more lemon in taste, and like lemon rind dipped in extra strong lemon juice.
- 6 to 10 seconds: Settles to an acceptable zingy lemon flavour.
- 11+ seconds: It actually becomes quite a sweet lemon flavoured chew, and is very pleasant.
- After the sweet is finished: There is a nice sweet lemon taste in the mouth, and the memory of the initial hit has gone. Accidentally reach for another sweet and repeat cycle above.